36 weeks 4 days. 24 days to go.
I had my first internal check today at the start of my weekly appointments 😀
– My blood pressure is coming up which is good considering it was low and making me feel a little sick. Today it was 106/67
– I am up a total of 8lbs which my OB is very, very happy with and said as long as I keep doing what I am doing I should be right on track for the rest of the pregnancy
– Baby boy’s heartbeat was 147bpm
– In all the past weeks my fundal height has been on track but I am measuring one week ahead today
– Baby is head down
– I am 1cm dilated
– I was tested for group B strep
So while I know that being dilated this early means absolutely nothing and is no indication that labor is near, it is still so cool to know! My OB said I probably have another week and then it could be any time (but isn’t that the case for everyone when they get that far along? LOL). I am excited just to be at this point in the pregnancy – meeting my son seems so close and yet still so far.
I called E on my way home from the doctor to tell him all of the above and he said he is freaking out. He said “we are going to be real parents this month, not just parents to furbabies. I am totally freaking out!” I told him, being parents to furbabies IS being a real parent and this baby just doesnt have fur but that we still have some time and for him to just calm down. I found it pretty entertaining.
Now I can’t wait till my appointment next Tuesday 😀
Hope all is well, my friends!